Production Facilities and Capabilities
- GPC has five crude oil processing stations in the Eastern Desert (Ras El Behar- Um El Yusr- Gharib- El-Hamd-Bakr) with a capacity of 907712 barrels, in addition to Abu Sennan processing station with a capacity of 38998 barrels. GPC has two crude oil processing stations in the Sinai Desert (Sudr- Matarma) with a capacity of 11010 barrels.
- GPC erected a major shipping port in Ras Gharib with a storage capacity of 1.335 million barrels. In addition, it has a shipping port in Sudr/Sinai with a storage capacity of 88088 barrels. Both ports mainly supply foreign markets and local refineries with shipments. GPC has also a terminal in Abu El Gharadeek in the Western Desert with a storage capacity of 31450 barrels. The terminal receives the processed oil from Abu Sennan fields to be shipped to El Hamra port on the Mediterranean Sea. Gas production from the Western Desert is also compressed into the national gas network.
- GPC established a plant for gas processing and condensate separation in Abu Sennan (Western Desert) with a capacity of approximately 85 MMSCF per day.
- Crude oil from sister companies (West Bakr – Wadi Dara â€“SUCO – Fanar – Esh El Mallahah â€“ Amal – OSOCO beside the crude of Issaran and south Ramadan fields get processed and shipped by GPC to the shipping ports through a major network of pipelines extending to 220 km with diameters varying from 6-30 inches. Crude oil from the Eastern Desert & sister companies (Norbetco, PetroShahd) get processed and shipped by GPC to the shipping ports through a major network of pipelines extending to 75 km with diameters varying from 6-30 inches.
- 9 gathering and receiving stations with a capacity of 85.203 M BBL
- GPC pipelines network extend to 323 km
- 8 processing stations with a capacity of 957.720 M BBL
- Total storage capacity of 1.455 MM BBL.
Off Shore Facitlies
- 12 platforms in the Gulf of Suez representing 30% – 40% of GPC crude oil production.