Based on the belief that optimum performance is beneficial to individuals, production and environment, and out of GPC top management’s full conviction that distinguished performance levels in different activities are necessary for the progress of the company, and viewing safety as the responsibility of all, regardless of jobs and levels , the policy of GPC- one of the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation companies working in the fields of exploration, production, development and shipping of crude oil and gas, is represented in the following:
- Complying entirely with all effective laws and regulations, GPC own obligations, and related programs and measures.
- Protecting environment by curbing the harmful effects of various activities, in addition to upgrading performance to protect environment via reducing emissions and disposing of waste in a safe way, beside saving energy.
- Providing an appropriate working environment for the company employees, clients and other concerned people in a way that safeguards them against risks.
- Reducing losses in facilities, equipment and products by following precautionary methods which include identifying sources of risk, assessing risks, and taking efficient preventive measures .
- Having the management system complied with the requirements of international standards and codes, and committed to continuous improvements to achieve customer satisfaction as well as applying oil sector approved techniques.
- Setting aims and criteria to reach the best performance levels in the fields of occupational health, safety, environmental protection and quality assurance.
- Adopting continuous training for employees and contractors to reach the highest levels of efficiency in operations, in a way matching with modern techniques in the fields of safety, occupational health, environmental protection and quality assurance.
- Communicating in a proper and effective way to get the employees, suppliers, contractors , clients and visitors acquainted with the policy of safety, environment and quality. We also emphasize on enhancing cooperation with other bodies and organizations, whether governmental or non- governmental.